PRIVACY AND COOKIES
What are cookies?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Websites use these files to store information such as personalisation details or the contents of a shopping basket.
Analytics & Tracking
This site does not use tracking cookies. I don’t know where you’ve come from, which pages you visit or where you go afterwards. Furthermore your pages are all SSL encrypted for additional privacy.
Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where I have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with my rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, I may disclose personal information when I believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
I do not have access to any information of visitors and do not ask you to register any details with me, unless you are a customer. The only personal information I may hold would be if willingly submitted via the contact form, such as your name and email address, so that I may respond to your enquiry – see additional details below under “Data protection document”.
I strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to this site and regularly review my security measures in light of current technologies.
I will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to me and once I receive your communication, I make my best efforts to ensure its security on my systems in compliance with GDPR.
In addition my associates e.g web host are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by me, however I will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
DATA PROTECTION DOCUMENT
I store no data at all for non-customers and some information for customers. This is the minimum data that I need to be able to offer my services and to return watches to you.
- Customer number.
- Name and physical address.
- E-mail address.
- Telephone number.
- A forum nickname if you have contacted me through an on-line forum.
- Invoices of any work I have undertaken for you.
- The data is password protected in Microsoft Excel.
- The data is stored locally on a Windows PC.
- That computer is only used over a secured wi-fi connection.
- That computer runs Windows Defender anti-virus protection.
- The data is only accessible by myself and is not shared with any other persons.
- I will retain this data until 25 May 2025 unless advised otherwise.
Checking/amending/deletion of your records
You can contact me using the contact form on the website and:
- I will supply the data in hard copy, via the postal service, within a 14-day period at no charge.
- If that data is shown to be incorrect, I will update and again supply the data in hard copy, via the postal service, within a 14-day period at no charge.
- If you wish me to delete your record, I will do that and send a confirmation letter in hard copy, via the postal service, within a 14-day period at no charge.
In general, when contacting me through the on-line contact form, please do not include any personal details such as addresses and telephone numbers. These should be included with the first package that you send me as a hard copy and I will transfer to my system and destroy that hard copy. Please do not contact me through my personal Gmail and other systems, only through the mail associated with my website.